Saturday, December 27, 2008

Bah Humbug...

I'm joking....mostly. I do love christmas...everything is so pretty, and sharing it with little ones makes it magical all over again! I must admit that I am ready for it to be over this year though. I want the tree down, I want all the tubs of christmas decor back up in the attic, and I want the christmas movies to be put away until next year. Poor Brody can't go 2 minutes without getting picked up and placed somewhere else because he is getting into something he shouldn't (cough, the tree, cough). The tubs have taken over my entryway and the playroom (totally my fault for never moving the empty tubs back out to the garage). And if I have to watch "Shrek the Halls" one more time I might contemplate ogre-cide!!

I tell myself that next year will be different. I will be more organized. I will have all the presents bought by Thanksgiving. I will have all the decorating done by the week after thanksgiving (and the tubs neatly stacked back out in the garage out of the way). Christmas cards will go out that same week. And the entire month of December will be dedicated to simply enjoying the holidays. Although, I believe I said something like this last year? Ahh...the joys of mommy brain. I have so many great ideas for next year, but I will probably forget about them until its too late again....why does that always happen? I need an assistant...

No comments:

Post a Comment