Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ugh!

Why is it that everytime I am sick, everyone else in the house is sick too? Is it some law of nature that a mother is not allowed to be sick all by herself so that she may simply wallow in her illness and not be expected to do anything more than curl up on the couch and sip a nice carmel apple cider from Starbucks?

I am so stinkin' tired I can't think straight...yet I still have to change 2 sets of diapers, feed 2 mouths (and my own if there's time), read the same book 50 times, watch the same movie for the gazillionth time, and get 2 little boys ready and in bed (the oldest of whom recently discovered what a fun game it is to get back out of bed every 2 minutes to ask for something he forgot he needed before bed). Once I am alone, I then have to play catch up on all the messiness that happened throughout the day.

Just once, I want to be sick all by myself. I know its childish, but I can't help it. If I have to be miserable and in a daze, I want pity and a bit of babying. Is that really too much to ask? Probably, but I doubt I will ever know...I have been blessed with an awesome immune system so I really shouldn't complain. This is probably the only time I will be sick all winter, but in the selfish part of my mind that makes it even worse. My one and only chance all year to get a little extra help and attention has been whisked away by the cries and sniffles of 2 of the cutest little boys on earth...oh woe is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment